The insulated cable cutter is a device for safe cable cutting when the cable may be live and the absence of tension cannot be checked with complete safety. Such a check is particularly difficult in metallic screened cables. Therefore, before proceeding with any cutting operations, it is essential to take adequate measures to guarantee the operators safety. One of such measure is the use of an insulated cable cutter.
This device with GS-label and conforming to DIN EN 50340 (VDE 0682 part 661) is made up essentially of a foot pump and a cutting head to which a high pressure non-metallic hose of length 10.5 m is connected by a steady fitting. Before carrying out any work on grounding systems for voltages up to 60kV the absence of tension must be guaranteed for the entire duration of the operations.
- Light structure of the foot-pump. Operating pressure: 625 bar (62,5MPa), tank 1200 ml.
- Pressure control by pressure gauge, manual return in any position.
- Fast feed by means of a double hydraulic cylinder (V1=18,3 cm³; V2=2,0 cm³/stroke).
- Assembly: cutting head, foot-pump, non-metallic hose 10,5 m steady mounted.
- Plastic case with rollers containing the complete set.
- Armour Yes means cutting of cables with light steel sheet armour.